Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More glorious rain

Before I went to bed last night, I set up my trombone so it would be easily accessible. I woke up when Chris was in the shower. I wanted to ask him to take my car to work. He consented. Rather than go back to sleep, I started in on the audios for the day. It was raining so I did not have to water the garden. I got the usual exercise, and fixed breakfast. I also read e-mail. I kept the audios going while I went into the sewing room to piece a backing for a quilt top that I made two months ago. It isn't a great quilt or made of great fabric, so I will be using it to learn free-motion quilting. It also doesn't need a great backing. I picked out some cheap fabric and pieced a backing to fit the measurements of the top. I learned in Korea to ALWAYS lay the top on the backing to see if it fits. This one did not. Apparently I did not measure the top correctly. It was annoying, but not embarrassing like finding it only after loading it on the longarm and quilting 90 percent of it. Ask me how I know. Never mind.
I added strips to the top and bottom. Then I found a folded roll of batting to use. Something had chewed a hole in it. So when I unrolled it, there were holes in columns on the edges and down the center. I cut out the holes, and did a running stitch down the center. I got just enough useable batting out of what was probably a queen size piece. I left it all lying on the ping pong table. As the rain continued, the audios ended, my laptop battery needed recharging, and I turned to Kurt's mp3 player. I got an e-mail from the lady who wants Lisa and I to teach classes at her quilt retreat next year. She wants a class description. I sat on my bed, looking at the quilt, thinking it needs a better name, and wondering what I could write about it. Chris came home to find me staring at it. He was in a good mood. He made potatoes, squash and chicken for supper. I watched the Precision Piecing video by Sally Collins on the TQS website. Then we all went down to watch NCIS. A good time was had by all. Chris has now gone to bed, and who knows how late Michele will be up. It is too late to practice. Now, where is my photo?

No comments: