Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sewing and Trading Saturday

Even though our sewing Saturdays begin around 9, it was later than that when I woke up, but not by much. I followed my usual breakfast routine. Then I took a shower, and dressed for the overactive AC in Morton Hall. I gathered food for lunch, the quilt I almost finished yesterday, and the yellow pieces cut out several days before. And fabric to sell or trade. I arrived in the vicinity of 11. There were 6 other ladies there. They had their stuff set out, but they were all busy working on their projects. I looked at their unwanted fabrics. I bought a few pieces and traded for others. Karen was particularly generous. She gave me some solids that will make great bindings. I spent my hours hand-stitching y-seams on a circular border. Deb was paper-piecing, Cass was working on her 900 piece top, Jen was making Christmas blocks, Lisa was doing stack-n-whack, Karen was sewing scraps, and I'm not sure what Lael was working on. They all ordered from Steak-out for lunch. I ate my seaweed and cashews. Lisa and I talked about our scobys. Since hers are doing so well, she agreed to give me one when I get back from vacation. I will give her some kimchi and ph strips. It was so cold in that room that when each one left, I helped them carry their stuff outside where it was warmer. The last of us were out before 5. I went to Earthfare for raw almonds and green coconuts. But the coconuts were $4 each, more than I wanted to pay. I bought some kombucha, just to see what it is supposed to taste like. When I got home, Chris and Michele were watching Godzilla. I sat with them and drank a bottle of the tea. I did not care for the ginger taste. Maybe that is why it was on sale.
Chris put sauerkraut and sausages in the oven for supper. We spent the pre-supper and post-supper time on our laptops. Deb e-mailed me that she could drive to Pinehurst with me the second weekend in August. I was really excited to hear that since I just couldn't face the trip alone. But...then I couldn't find the phone number of the lady who is keeping my stash. Gotta make sure she will be home that weekend. I did multiple searches on my computers, and for any scrap of paper where it might be written. It WAS in a message on my answering machine, but when I plugged it in, all the messages had been deleted. Finally I sent an e-mail to her daughter, hoping to make contact that way. I was pretty tired then, so I laid down in bed. It was stripped of the sheets for washing. But I didn't care. Later I got back up to post to this blog and tell Chris it is past our bedtime.

No comments: