Monday, July 23, 2012

You never know what will happen at the mall

Charlie arrived at 8. The grass was still wet. Clippings flew from the mower like waves from the back of a speed boat. I wrote and delivered a check to him. We talked for a bit, then he resumed his mowing. I picked the hot peppers and put them in a bag for him. I fixed my breakfast and exercised. I read my e-mail. I resent a message I sent yesterday to the yahoo group, but it did not appear. Finally I sent it from the yahoo group site, and it went through, but no one responded to it. I unpacked two boxes of fabric: one was mostly knits so it went fast. The other was smaller quilting pieces so it went very slowly. It was hard to tell what had been washed and what hadn't. I guess I hadn't worked out the cutting corner system early in my collecting.
I checked e-mail again. Then sorted a bag of fabric. I ate lunch, then read more e-mail and took a shower. Michele ate lunch, then agreed to go shopping with me for a swimsuit. I cannot for the life of me figure out why she would stop playing the game on her laptop to go shopping with me. Who is she and what did she do with my daughter? Anyway, we went to the mall. First we went to Dillards. I did not want a bikini, so I started with what I thought were one piece suits. But no, they were long tops that cost between $40 and $100 and the bottoms were sold separately at $30+. I was absolutely amazed. But we did find a suitable suit for $44. We left it on the rack and proceeded down the mall. We enjoyed walking through a few small stores until we got to Belk's. They had suits too, but none that looked better for any less money than at Dillards. We rode the escalator down and both of us stood on the right hand side: a hold-over from living in Korea. On the way back to Dillards, we passed a kiosk selling curling irons. The man said he had never curled hair as long as Michele's and asked if she would permit it. She did, so he did. As he was curling her hair, one small hank at a time, the people walking by stared at the length of her hair. If only I had had my camera! The man took her pic after he finished. Her hair looked like telephone cords initially, but the weight of it pulled out the curls slowly. We bought the suit at Dillards. Aren't you glad I didn't have my camera? Otherwise there might be a pic of me in it. We went home. Michele went back to her game and I went back to e-mail. I noticed that when Charlie mowed the tall, wet grass, he left chunks of grass clippings behind. I put on my old bathing suit and went out to rake them up. Chris came home and got on his laptop. When I finished as much raking as I could stand, and chatted with Barbara next door, I came in for supper. Chris and Michele had already eaten. I changed into my night gown and went downstairs to sort through another bag of fabric. This bag turned out to be scraps. I did not go through them all. I proceeded to a box. But then Chris came down to watch NCIS. So we did that together. Then he went to bed. I might go to bed early myself.

No comments: