Saturday, July 28, 2012

Starting the two-day drive

Chris got up before 7 and took a shower. Then it was my turn while he woke up Michele. Almost everything except food (and our laptops) was packed the night before. When I realized that I would not be able to sew for the next week, I threw some fabric in a bag with pieces I worked on before so I could do some hand-piecing. Phew! Crisis aborted.
We were on the road before 8, I think. We listened to Janet Evanovich books on CD. They were good, but the first reader was the best. I wish she had read all of them. Other readers just did not do the characters nearly so well. We stopped for gas. As I filled out the gas book, I realized that I have had this car for 9 months and am still on the first page. Either it is very good on gas, or I don't drive much. Or both.
We stopped at a Subway for lunch. I got a salad and the lady put lots of avocodo on it. Usually they just give you a small scoop. We ate it there, then got back on the road. Around 4 we arrived in Greensboro NC. We checked into a La Quinta hotel. Since the AC did not work in the car, we were so ready to relax in a cold room. Around 6:30 we walked to a Longhorn Steakhouse for supper. I ordered a bowl of onion soup from the appetizer menu. Michele gave me some of her salad and two of her shrimp. When I got back to the hotel, I ate one of the tomatoes we brought from home. I was afraid they would go bad in the hot car. Then we retired to our laptops for the evening. Chris quit first and read a book for a bit before going to bed. I read e-mail and listened to two audios. Michele played a computer game. There are only two beds in the room and I joked that there was one for me, and one for Chris, but where will Michele sleep?
* No pics from today so here is one from Paducah *

No comments: