Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Surprise lilies

I was up early, but in no mood to exercise. So I read e-mail for awhile until I thought I could face it. Michele was already up. Again, who is this and what has After exercise came breakfast. And more e-mail. I called Barbara and we had a nice chat. I missed seeing her in Pinehurst. I also talked to Hannah. I realized that I had forgotten to send a reminder to the Yongsan quilt group about entering volunteer hours. So I put a reminder in the group calendar. Why hadn't I done that before? Around noon I tried to sunbathe, but the sun went behind a cloud. I washed two loads of fabric and ironed the whole first load, and part of the second. I was sunbathing when Chris came home. He was a little early. Chris got out the leftovers, so I ate some chicken. Then I went out with a bowl to pick dandelion. I also found a cucumber. I washed the greens in my salad spinner. But somehow when I made the salad, I forgot the cucumber. After supper I called Alison to set up at time for Michele to go see her chickens. Then I went outside to cut the grass between the flowers with a pair of scissors. If I don't trim them, I am afraid Charlie will weedeat them while we are gone. Barbara next door told me these flowers are called Surprise Lilies. The foliage comes up in the spring and dies off. Then, usually in August, they bloom almost overnight with no foliage. I also mowed inside the fence. I put all the tools away, then went inside and changed so we could watch TV. We watched another Warehouse 13 DVD. Chris went to bed, and Michele stayed down to watch Men in Black.
* This is a 'before' picture *

No comments: