Saturday, July 21, 2012

The end of our 1100-mile trip


The alarm went off at 6:30 EST. We took a shower and dressed. I took my breakfast and went with Chris to the continental breakfast spread downstairs. He fixed himself a plate of eggs while I ate my usual. Then we went back to the room to brush our teeth and move our stuff to the truck. We used the GPS to find Kay's house. It took longer than we expected. She came out and welcomed us. She took us to the room upstairs where all the boxes and bins of my fabric were pulled out for us. There was a pile of books and magazines as well. We unpacked some of her bins into ones that we brought. I had given her a bag of scraps and she sorted it by length into several smaller bags. She showed me her quilts and quilt tops while Chris carried out the bins of fabric. I gave her some black and white fabrics to keep. When the boxes were out, we helped Chris cover it all with a tarp and he put on the truck net. Then she showed us her water features and fish. We thanked her profusely and started on our journey home. I have been feeling badly for years that I left my fabric there longer than the two years I originally told her we'd be gone. But by the time we left her house, I felt like she enjoyed having it around.
It rained off and on during the trip home. We stopped for gas and I got a salad, too. Chris was not hungry, again. We ran into backed up traffic in several places but still got home by 6. Michele helped us unload the fabric and other stuff. It made quite a pile and I am thinking of inviting my guild friends to help me sort it all. Chris made organic turkey burgers for supper. I picked a tomato and ate it with my burger. Then we watched the third episode of the second season of the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes.

No comments: