Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rain, glorious rain!

I started the day by watering the garden. Then I jumped and fixed breakfast. I sat to read my e-mail while playing the only audio interview with someone I hadn't heard yet. I had forgotten to post to my blog last night so I started recreating the day. So hard to remember, but it was only 24 hours ago. It took longer than it should have and I kept jumping up to do other things that I was afraid I would forget if I didn't do them right away. But I did get it done, and more e-mail had come in in the mean time. One had a link to a Youtube video and as you know, one video leads to another. So many interesting ones, and so little time. I took 20 minutes to lay out in the sun in my bathing suit. Then I took my trowel out to the end of the driveway to dig up some more of the grass threatening to take over. While I was digging, it started to rain. It was marvelous! Oh, how I have prayed for rain. And wearing bathing suit was the perfect thing, good for sun or rain. I stayed out longer than I would have just enjoying it. Then I washed the dirt off of me by the rain spout. I went in to take a shower. I sat wrapped in a towel to read the latest e-mail. Chris came home around 5. He made leftovers for himself and Michele. I dressed for the quilt meeting and took out two quilts for show and tell (the small Paula print, and the one from 20 years ago). I had a few minutes to cut some of the pieces for the star block before I had to leave. When I got to the meeting, I saw piles of fabric that Diane had brought. She was selling it for $3 a yard. I needed more yellow, so I got a piece. We had show and tell, and I was sorry I had forgotten my camera. We also talked about what to do for future sew-saturdays, including jellyroll races. Deb did a demonstration showing how the 4 half square triangle method would work with a 4-patch, or a 9-patch on one side. The meeting was over early. Lisa and I talked about our scoby's. Deb and I helped Diane take her pile of fabrics out to her van. She and I usually talk standing by our cars, but since it was still raining (yea!), we just went home. I found Chris and Michele about to watch Chicken Run when I got home. It hasn't been that long since I saw it, so I wasn't going to watch, but when I thought Chris was leaving tomorrow, I decided to sit with them. But I got the date wrong, he is leaving next Wednesday. After the movie, he went to bed. Michele went back to her laptop. And here I sit, about to finish up this post.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one of my scoby from two days ago *

No comments: