Friday, July 27, 2012

The packing is the worst part

I woke up before Chris left for work. I listened to audios while exercising and making breakfast. I wanted to do laundry when Michele woke up. At 10 I could wait no longer, so I woke her up. She sorted the laundry and started the washing process. Then she started packing her suitcase. Because we had found things in boxes here that she wanted to take back with her, she had a hard time fitting it all. I told her we could send a standard priority mail box of stuff over to her. Just when she had fit it all in, the buzzer on the washer sounded and she realized there were more clothes to go in the suitcase. I had to pack, too. But first I swept the kitchen and den. I made a list of things I wanted to bring as they occurred to me. And one of tasks to accomplish. I wanted to print something that was on my laptop. But it gave me a hard time because the cursor stopped working and I had to use the tab key. No wonder mice were invented! My usual packing list was on the desktop so I had no trouble printing that out. The suitcase wasn't that hard to pack once the clothes came out of the wash. Picking pairs of shoes was a little sticky. But the worst part is packing my special foods and supplements. Some come in large containers and I had to find smaller ones to put a 10-day supply in. Also, I know we will be staying overnight on the trip over and the trip back. So I had to mix breakfast for those two days separately. Then I had to make tomorrow's breakfast mix so that I could pack the remainder to take along. I also hardboiled some duck eggs for the trip. They are good protein for the Subway salads I usually get on these trips. I picked the tomatoes and cucumbers that were ripe. It wasn't much and I ate all but one tomato. I told a friend in the quilt guild that she could pick our tomatoes while we are gone. Chris came home around 4. We went to Enterprise to return the truck. We will take my car to the beach. Sadly we discovered the the AC is not cold. I didn't know it 'cause I never use it. He packed his bag and took everything else that was packed and put it in the car. After supper, I ironed the remainder of my pile of damp fabrics. Chris and Michele went down to watch Indiana Jones and the Arc of the Covenant. Then Michele got Chris to show her how to use the scanner. He went to bed. I am still up hoping that anything I forgot to pack will come to mind and soon. My future self is typically not very understanding of what my past self forgot. It's a wonder that the present me turned out so well.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one of Michele feeding the chickens *

No comments: