Thursday, July 19, 2012

God opened a window...

...a big one!
I got up later than usual. After breakfast and exercise, there were audios to listen to. More than I could handle in a day, so I had to pick and choose. I spent hours looking for a piece of paper. I found Chris' car title, but could not find my own. I laid out in the sun for 20 minutes. Charlie called and said he'd rather come Monday to cut the grass because it might rain today and his trip would be in vain. Around 2 the furniture repair guy came with the leg column for the dining room table. It was fixed and he reattached it. At 3 Chris went to Enterprise to turn in his vehicle and rent a car. But they did not have any cars left so they gave him a Ford F-1500 crew cab. I mentioned to Chris that a truck that big would hold my entire Pinehurst fabric collection. He offered to drive me to Pinehurst in the morning to get it. I was so excited! But I had to make arrangements quickly. I called Kay, who was housing my fabric. She was free Saturday morning. Then I skyped Joyce but could not get her. Joyce had offered to enter a quilt to the quilt show for me. But I did not have one with a label and a hanging sleeve. So I worked on that, and on getting two ready for show-n-tell at the monthly quilt meeting tonight. I showered and dressed, then grabbed my quilts (including the comfort quilt) and headed out. Thankfully they meet very close to my house. I was able to get situated quickly. I was able to talk to someone about hosting a pillowcase-making day. Show-n-tell went well. Then we had a talk by a lady who does leaf-pounding. It was very interesting. And her hand-quilting is amazing. The meeting was a little shorted than usual. I went home to find Chris and Michele watching Wolverine. I watched a little bit, but then did some packing and assembling of breakfast items to make the morning go faster. I tried calling Joyce again, but kept getting a busy signal. I wrote all the addresses on a piece of paper and put it in my purse. I put several plastic tubs out by the truck. I packed some clothes and toiletries. I had already printed out the form, but have not yet filled it in. Then I put on an audio and started attaching a sleeve to the back of a quilt. I should have used headphone 'cause I found out it was keeping Chris awake. I think I can finish it on the trip tomorrow. So now I am off to bed. Things have worked out so well that I can hardly believe my luck. Hope I can sleep.
* Sorry the pic is so bad. I'll have to take another one *

No comments: