Monday, July 16, 2012

The day goes swimmingly

All this rain has sparked the rapid growth of flowers that look like day lilies but have a stem like an amarylis. I saw them as I walked outside in the wet grass, grounding to the earth. Breakfast and exercise followed. As I read my e-mail, I found Kay's number from her daughter. I called her and Deb and Joyce. All the details for the trip to Pinehurst are now wrapped up, and I am so excited. I called the realtor, left a message to notify the tenants that I am coming to get some stuff from the garage. I called a furniture repair place. The man came over in less than half an hour. He took the table legs and the part they attach to. He also took a broken diningroom chair in the garage. But he did not take the wingback chair with its broken leg. He said it would cost upwards of $1000 to fix it properly since the leg is part of the whole structure of the chair. It would be cheaper to replace it, but how do I get it to match the couch? I put on my bathing suit and laid in the sun for 20 minutes, then I googled wingback chairs and green striped upholstery fabric, but to no avail. Then the rain came and it rained hard. I danced in the rain, and splashed in the puddle in driveway. When I came in, I heard Michele talking. I asked who she is talking to, she said the voices. Without Dad? They're different voices. I sighed, she's all grown up and talking to her own voices. I went downstairs to cut and sew strips for two bindings. I feel so lucky that Karen had just the right colors at the meeting on Saturday and she gave them to me. Chris came home. While he was eating, I sewed one binding on and started the handsewing. I waited for them to come down to watch NCIS. Michele came down and we started watching Short Circuit. Chris came down later. After the movie, we watched an episode of the second season of Warehouse 13. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to listen to one of the audios so there will be fewer for tomorrow. Michele was threatened by a roach and I went after it with a towel, but it got away.
* Will post a pic later *

No comments: