Sunday, July 8, 2012

Emergency sewing day



Chris did not make it home before I went to bed last night. It was after 9 when I awoke. So I had to hurry to water the garden, eat breakfast, scan my e-mail and pack something for lunch. Ashley and Irv were getting ready to leave, too. I put a bunch of yellow fabrics in a box and took the sewing machine William got at Goodwill. I think I arrived at UAH around 11. We weren't scheduled for a sewing day until next week, but Deb said she really needed to sew so she sent out an e-mail to see who wanted to sew with her. The door was locked, so I called Deb, but she didn't answer. I checked the basement door and it was unlocked, but I had never taken that route before so I had trouble finding my way up to the room. There were three people already there and sewing. Deb was working on a sample quilt for a book she is writing. Cass was working on a quilt for her husband's grandmother, and Heather was working on a layer cake quilt. Soon they ordered lunch from Steak-Out, who actually delivered. My lunch was seaweed and a can of pineapple in unsweetened juice. That turned out to be a bad plan because around 4 I felt dizzy and tired. Too much fructose in the pineapple. So I packed up and went toward home. I stopped at WalMart because Deb said they marked fabrics down to $1. But I did not find any of those. When I got home, Chris and Michele were getting ready to game with the voices. I ate some chicken, then went outside to pull grass from the driveway. The kid next door came over to talk to me. Then his father came over with a bag of tomatoes and cucumbers. He told me if I had a jar he would gave me some dill pickles he made. So I got one and he filled it. The two of them went home and I came in. I ate one of the tomatoes and one of the cucumbers, then put them in the fridge. I laid down because I had a headache, but the gaming was too loud so I had to request that they game quietly. Then I guess I fell asleep. At some point Chris came to bed. I got up in the middle of the night to pee and went back to bed, noticing that the nightwasn't so dark any more. Then I remembered that I hadn't posted to my blog. So here I am, 7 am, posting for yesterday.

No comments: