Thursday, July 26, 2012

An hour at the farm

I put out the recyclables before breakfast and watered the potted plants. After breakfast we went to see Alison on her farm. Michele loved seeing the chickens and ducks. We fed them day old bread and they attacked it. Alison has a fig tree. The chickens like the figs and some roost in the tree. She suggested we pick some to take home. I bought 18 duck eggs to take home. It was about noon when we got home. I ate a tomato for lunch and some pickles. I listened to an audio while reading e-mail and folding laundry. I put more old fabric in the washer, then put on my bathing suit to sunbathe. I did not realize how much sun I had gotten while visiting the farm. I wanted to be evenly tan all over, but am now red around my neck and shoulders. After the sun, I read e-mail until the washer was finished. Then I put the fabrics in the dryer and fired up the iron. I ironed until I felt like checking the dryer. The fabrics were slightly damp, just the way I like them. But I left them sit in the dryer while I finished the previous load. Sadly, that was a mistake 'cause one of the red fabrics bled onto the light-colored ones. I shall never know which one. When Chris came home, I went upstairs. He made a casserole for work tomorrow, and then cooked turkey burgers for us for supper. After supper I went down to iron some more. Chris and Michele came down to watch Top Gun. I kept ironing. I need to get through the load before I can do laundry for our trip next week. And Chris wants us fully packed by the time he gets home from work tomorrow.

No comments: