Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Back to Sewing


The day started with a plunge. The toilet was objecting to my high-fiber diet. I read e-mail and took breaks to rebound until almost 11, then had breakfast. While listening to a short audio, I worked on binding the black stack-n-whack. I put away the quilts that were not chosen for this past weekend. I unpacked my small suitcase. I checked e-mail again, then folded the laundry, and stabilized the hem of a pair of pants. As long as I was down in the sewing space, I pieced rectangles for the red, tan and blue quilt. I inadvertently took a nap, then raked leaves, and watered the plants in the greenhouse. The plants not in the greenhouse have not frozen so I have to wonder what it is all for. I fixed a large salad, like the ones Olive Garden brings to the table for the whole family. I ate it, and some chicken. I took a shower, and trimmed my nails. After a little more binding, I put on my coat to leave. I went through the garage. I fringed one of the fleece blankets there to see if I could cut through 4 layers with my rotary cutter and the Strips Ahoy ruler. Then I took the ruler and all 7 fleece blankets to church. I showed Tamara how well the ruler worked by fringing another one. I left the ruler there in case she wanted to use it before the blanket party on Saturday. I practiced with the choir. When I got home, I practiced a few musical phrases, then Chris and I went down to watch several episodes of Hercule Poirot. Hugh Fraser was in it and I recognized him as Wellington in the Sharpe movies. Then we were off to bed.
* This is Celeste at the condo *

No comments: