Friday, January 4, 2013

Flying through errands


I began the day with e-mail as usual. I found a bit of energy for a few squats and pushups before breakfast. It has been bothering me that Blogger stamps my posts with the time and date in Korea, not Alabama. I had tried to change this before with no luck, but today I hunted a little harder and found the right setting. Hopefully, it will be the right time from now on. I also added some pictures to the Christmas Day posting. I wanted to add a short video of my father playing his accordion, but there is no longer a way to do that in Blogger.
The origami calendar had directions for an airplane, which I made. After a bit more e-mail, I found my stash of glitter glue and tried to revive it. Then I went shopping at Hobby Lobby to get fresh ones, and stickers for the craft this Sunday. Maybe a few more things fell into my hands before I checked out. Then I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to see if they had any refill wax on sale. I did not get any wax, but I did get a phone call freeing me up on a certain Saturday. I proceeded to Target. I was hoping to get some Christmas lights as a backup for the ones in the greenhouse, but I didn't find any. I did find a pair of gloves with a special fingertip that allows the wearer to use a touch screen. I found a pair of socks in the right color, but had to buy them in a multicolored 6-pack. When I got home, I folded the laundry. Then for some outdoor time, I picked up sticks, gathered leaves from garage, and replanted the tomato growing in the greenhouse. It was in a container and I planted it in the ground. The tomato is blooming and needs more room. I would be excited, but can't see how it can get pollinated to produce fruit. I auditioned fabrics for binding on one of the quilts from Korea. I was there when Chris came home. We had leftovers and a salad for supper. I listened to a tapping audio and then we watched the next two Richard Sharpe movies.

No comments: