Friday, January 11, 2013

King me


I got up early this morning, thinking to get started sewing. But what with e-mail, and exercise, and breakfast, my plans came to naught. I saw a neat video of a group of men called Straight No Chaser singing a rendition of the 12 days of Christmas. Very creative, whoever wrote that medley. I brewed a pot of tea for making kombucha. I cleaned a pile of raw cacao out of the cupboard. Apparently one of the bags opened up. I wanted to eat it rather than throw it out, but what if it had mice dirt in it? I folded a Beak Lock Box from the origami calendar. I wanted to change chairs because the one I usually sit on is getting loose. But the next one has no felt feet. I was sure we had some somewhere, so I searched all over the house. I did not find any, but I did find a rubber chair leg cap that fit a metal chair which needed one. The postman brought me a box, which contained the blue kaleidoscope quilt. I cut and pinned a binding on it. I cleared the dished out of the sink and stacked the dishwasher. I had nearly fallen asleep in the recliner, listening to a meditation mp3 when Chris came home early. He was supposed to game, but it was called off. So I searched our coupon book and found one for Mei-Wei. At 5 Chris punched the address into the GPS and we left. It was cafeteria-style ordering and seating. When we got back, I machine-stitched the binding on. Then we watched The Man Who Would Be King, courtesy of Netflix, before going to bed.


* The first pic is of all the origami projects for the week. The second pic is the crown made for Sunday School last week. *

No comments: