Sunday, January 27, 2013

The STARS of Sunday School


The alarm went off at 8. I was already awake so I got up to check e-mail and have breakfast. Then I took a shower and got dressed. Everything I needed for the craft was already at church so all I took with me was my choir folder and a number puzzle. When I arrived, I spread the necklaces out on the table and turned on the heat. Then I sat in the sanctuary and waited for the opening of Sunday School. I worked on the puzzle until all had assembled. After the opening, Linda came over to see me. She donated some fabric for the back of the Veggie Tales quilt I plan to make with the kids handprints. She gave me a few other things as well. The conversation lasted until it was time for the craft. There were 5 kids, and four of them were girls. I thought the boy would not like the necklace project but he enjoyed the challenge. I showed them how to make 5-pointed stars, then challenged them to make 6-pointed ones. Several did, and added more stars to the necklace they'd already started. I was very pleased with them. Sadly the necklaces were not so hardy and some broke under the twisting. Then I heard the choir practicing so I ran out to join them. Linda stayed with the kids. After we practiced, I got a bulletin and sat in my pew. I realized I was still wearing the green necklace I'd made, but it did not match my dress so I tried to take it off. I had to ask Shannon to help me since it kept getting caught on my earrings. Then Chris arrived and church started. After church Chris left for home. I stayed behind to clean up and look through the craft cabinets to remind myself of what is available for the next craft. I took pics so I wouldn't forget. I asked the vicar if his baby son had a quilt (no), and inquired as to the colors of the nursery. Green and brown. I feel a quilt coming on. Then I went home to find Chris gone to the store. When he returned I was emptying the large jar of kimchi. I helped to put away the groceries. He fried up bacon in the large black pot. I readied a loaf of bread in the machine. I used some of the bacon fat. After the bacon was finished, he cut up vegetables in the pot and added the leftover chicken to make soup. I read e-mail and chatted with Michele on Facebook. I started reading a book and fell asleep. When I woke up, the soup was done. We had supper and I checked e-mail again, and watched a tapping video. We went downstairs to finish the Napoleon DVD's. What an interesting life he had. And yet, he never met Richard Sharpe. Cornwell wrote as if Wellington couldn't have defeated Napoleon without Sharpe, but he is never mentioned in this film. And then it was bedtime, at least for those who have to work tomorrow.

No comments: