Saturday, January 12, 2013

It was faster, but...


We got out of bed about 9:30. I read e-mail and had breakfast. There was an article about the dangers of sitting for long periods of time. They recommend you get up and walk around now and then. Sure, I can get up every 20 minutes and walk into the kitchen. No problem.

Chris was boiling cinnamon in the kitchen to combat the burnt smell. I mopped the kitchen floor. It hasn't been done --- recently, as the dwarves say in Snow White. I noticed that there were leaves all over the lawn. I can't imagine where they came from since our trees have been bare for some time now. Actually, I was kind of glad to see them because it gave me something to do outside. Our neighbor was shooting his son's BB gun and came over to talk to me. He told me there had been break-ins in the neighborhood and what to watch out for. I gave him his Bass Fishing magazine which was delivered to our house. (That was a good thing, too, since I couldn't remember his name and was too embarrassed to ask). Then he went back to the gun, and I went back to raking. When I finished, I came in to check my e-mail (for messages from Cathy who is longarming my black stack-n-whack today), and took my laptop downstairs to listen while I sewed. I finished the binding on the blue and white quilt, and started the binding on the donation quilt. Chris brought down the laundry while I was down there, and I kept it going. Deb had showed our group how to use Elmer's school glue to put on a binding. I was skeptical, but decided to try it on the donation quilt. I came upstairs to get the glue (and hang up Chris' shirts) and forgot. I had supper in the form of a REALLY large salad, because we are going to the grocery store tomorrow and I wanted to use up the greens and sprouts. Chris was gaming with the voices. I sat in the recliner and did 4 of those Sudoku puzzles that have no numbers in them. I thought it might be a good idea to record all the number combinations in a file on my computer, but it occurred to me that it has already been done and is floating around on the internet somewhere. I want to get to the glue and binding now, so decided to write my blog first in case I lose track of time.
Ok, so now I have finished the binding by gluing it to the back and then stitching in the ditch on the front. It was faster. Oh, yes. But after watching Susan Schamber's video on gluing binding, I have to say that it did not get the results she promised. This is the worst binding job I have ever done.

No comments: