Monday, January 14, 2013

Special Delivery


I got up when Chris left. I folded today's origami assignment - a Fox on a circle. I plugged in the lights for the greenhouse. I engaged in exercise, then read e-mail until 9 and had breakfast. I stuck felt pads on the legs of my chair. I discovered that the roaches here are getting smarter. They have learned to play dead. I found one hiding behind the door. I smacked it and it lay on its back, motionless. I turned around to get the dustpan, and it was gone. I found it in the diningroom, again on its back and motionless. I swatted it and it revived. A few more swats, and it went into the trash.
I threw the pieces for a quilt top into a bag, and gathered up my general sewing supplies and machine. I wheeled the whole lot through the rain to my car, and loaded it in. I drove to First Christian church and wheeled it all up to the door and inside. There was quite a crowd and I had to squeeze in at a table. I unpacked my machine and moved all unnecessary items to a corner of the room. It was great to see all the projects other women were working on. Several commented on my project. The lady in charge set out food from some church event yesterday. Amongst the offerings were fruit and veggie trays. I had that for lunch. Some ordered take-out from Steak-out. I worked steadily through the afternoon, meaning to stay until I ran out of pieces. Linda called to say she was ready to bring over my quilt. I could easily meet her somewhere, but she wanted to bring it to me at the church. She found it quickly enough. When she came in, she recognized ladies she knew from other places. She showed them my quilt and they asked for her card. She handed out cards and left a few more. I wrote her a check. They invited her to come and sew any Monday. I thanked her for coming so far to deliver my quilt. After she left, I went back to sewing. It did not hit me until later that binding the quilt she delivered was far more important that continuing to sew. Then I packed up my supplies and headed out. The rain was heavier than ever and the temperature had dropped. I drove home, and wheeled my supplies into the garage. But that was as far as I could go since I had locked the door to the basement. Can't be too careful when there are break-ins. I used my key on the backdoor. I was fixing some supper when Chris came home. I read e-mail until he was ready to watch TV. We saw the last Sharpe movie, Sharpe's Peril.

No comments: