Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Quiltin'




I stayed in bed late 'cause it seemed too cold to get out of bed. I went through the usual e-mail and breakfast. I forgot to exercise. I don't think I am ready to jump yet, but there are calisthenics I could do. I put my tablerunner and partially bound quilt in the car, along with the sewing box and machine. I arrived at First Christian Church around 10:30. We had a large group today. Half of them disappeared for lunch and returned. Some only stopped by for a short time. Two new ladies came, so Barbara had everyone wear a nametag. I found that very helpful. I showed the tablerunner to Dinah, the lady who gave the fabric that started it all. I also got some pics of quilts other ladies were working on. As for my quilt, I used the machine to joined the ends of the binding, then spent the rest of the time handsewing it to the back. When I finished that, I packed up to go. It was after 3. I ate some ham and a salad for lunch. Then raked up leaves and pinestraw in the side yard. When I came in, Chris was home. We had leftovers for supper. I remembered to make today's origami object, which was a cone (paper cup). I read some more e-mail and then relaxed in a recliner and finished the rest of the Star Trek book. It surprised me by ending in a cliffhanger. Now I shall have to find the sequel. Half a page before I finished, Chris was ready to watch TV. So the adventures of Captain Kirk were followed by another adventure of Richard Sharpe. And now to view the adventures behind my eyelids...

No comments: