Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quilting Day


I started the day with e-mail. I had breakfast at 9 because I had to go to quilting. Ok, I didn't HAVE to go, but I was determined to go. The quilt that I machine-sewed binding to on Saturday needed to be whip-stitched down, so I took it with me, leaving my sewing machine at home. That was a good move since so many people showed up and seating was dense. I mentally reviewed everyone's name as I scanned the room. I did this a number of times since people come and go during the day. Roberta brought a pot of soup and the rest of us were invited to bring something too. I brought carrots. So did someone else, so there were plenty. I spent all day sewing the binding on. Carolyn was cleaning out her sewing room and brought in a ton of magazines and some books. I was happy to take some home. I was about to call it a day and started packing up when I realized that I only had several feet to go, so I stayed to finish. I just love to quietly stitch and listen to the others talk. It was 3:45 when I got home. I ate, then raked leaves in back yard. The temperature was in the low 60's, so I took off one shoe and one sock to enjoy the feel of the grass without getting too cold. I swiped the tomato flowers with a Q-tip to pollinate them. I wonder if the tomato was offended. Maybe it was saying "Hey, I'm not THAT kind of tomato." Then I emptied dishwasher and put a few dirty things in. I returned to e-mail and Chris came home from work.
I could not get anywhere with the links I was trying to view. The circle kept turning and turning. So I turned to the tablet, but it would not connect to the internet from here (the dining room) even though it always has. I carried it to the computer room. It did connect there, but still would not load the links. I turned to Chris. He tried with his computer and had no trouble. He let me use it to listen to one 20 minute audio. Then I took my laptop to the computer room and that seemed to help. But the connection was given as 78% in both places so I don't know why it worked. I watched a few tapping videos on Youtube as I hope to do every day for the rest of this year. One of them was about getting a good night's sleep. I jumped on the rebounder for two minutes and then we watched Fan Fan de Tulipe, followed by part of a documentary on Napoleon. I was tired so I went straight to bed. I had no trouble falling asleep.
* This first quilt is mine, and the second one is a quilt Joan is working on. *

No comments: