Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Koala bear


I went to bed a little early last night. I must have been tired because I did not get up early this morning. It was wet outside as though it had just stopped raining. I read e-mail, made an origami critter and had breakfast. My one must-do for the day was to mail a quilt top to Cathy. But that kept getting put off. She and I e-mailed back and forth all morning. I wanted to be sure I sent whatever else was needed and then I found another quilt top. While waiting for a reply as to whether she had time for a second top, I went down to quilt the tablerunner. It did not take as long as I thought it would. I finished the whole thing. Then, even though I had not gotten a reply (she can't sit by her computer all day either), I added the top to the box anyway, and a backing too. Then I drove to Rite-aid. I had heard that they mail packages there. And it is only half as far as the post office. Indeed, there was a little postal outlet in the store. I was so happy to see it and to be done with the mailing that I treated myself to a visit to the new Michaels right around the corner. I hoped to find something for the sunday school craft, but I didn't. I got a skein of that new yarn which has me stymied as to how one can crochet with it but it expands like papertwist. I also got the #3 pearl cotton that Ricky Tims used to make the most elegant piping. They also had pairs of childrens gloves for .25 each, so I got four pairs to go with the hats and scarves I made. I was back home in an hour. The outdoors was somewhat drier, so I raked up a box of pinestraw and cones. The box was too heavy to carry (and falling apart) so I got out the adaptable handtruck and rolled the box to the pile I wished to dump it on. By then it was after 4. I read the latest e-mail, and heard Chris drive up. For supper we had leftover duck and newly fried asparagus. I also had my usual large salad. I spent some time looking on-line at suitable crafts for this Sunday, then bundled up for the trip to choir practice. I brought all my hats and scarves in a bag. When I got to church I saw that the previous hats and scarves had not been delivered yet. So I added my bag to the lot. Then I headed to the craft closet to get the glue sticks. I wanted to rejuvenate them 'cause most were hardened and dried. The room was full of women preparing lengths of fleece for the kids to make into blankets as their service project. I thought we were going to do it Saturday, but no one told me they were starting tonight. Anyway, they gave me the glue sticks, and assured me that there would be plenty left to do on Saturday. They had asked for donations to cover the cost of the fleece, and so many people donated that they had forty more than they were prepared for.

Then it was time for choir. We had more people than before, so were short on some music. Shannon and I had to share. She kept making amusing comments. We came up with the idea of having our music on a tablet to make page turning easier, plus being able to read it in the dark. I asked if there was an app so that we could get our notes delivered through headphones to help us keep up with the key changes. She thought there might be one. Choir practice ended right at 8. That is also when Hobby Lobby closes. Too bad for them, 'cause I would stop on my way home if they were open. When I got home, Chris and I watched Sharpe's Gold. Chris went to bed and soon so shall I.



No comments: