Monday, March 4, 2013

Carolyn's Quilt

The morning went quickly. I read e-mail, exercised, and had breakfast. I loaded the bread machine and started it. Then I packed a lunch and two projects, and took my sewing machine to church - the church where we quilt on Mondays. Being the first Monday of the month, ladies with birthdays were honored. Two cakes were cut after they blew the candles out. After lunch of course. Before lunch I ripped out and replaced the centers of all the orange blocks. After lunch I worked on a scrap quilt started in Korea. It is turning out badly, which is quite good. The worse it is, the less I shall mind practicing free-motion quilting on it. Mary Ann gave me a recommendation for her dentist. Around three I packed up and left. I made a left turn onto Whitesburg, which is a gutsy move. I proceeded to Publix to buy some organic kale, but they were all out. I bought the regular instead. When I got it home, I brought out the juicer. I put in a good amount a kale and half a hank of cilantro. Cilantro binds with mercury to pull it out of the system. I figured juicing it was the most potent way to consume it. But neither it nor the kale was juiced very well. Mostly it bounced off of the spinning blades and into the pulp basket. So I dumped the pulp basket into the blender. I drank the little juice there was, and added water to the blender. The result was pretty thick. I ate some of it with a spoon and put the rest in the frig. I washed up the juicer and blender parts. I emptied the dishwasher. I had just started an audio when Chris came home. He ate supper and worked on taxes. I practiced my trombone and did some tapping. Chris heard a knock at the door and found a man delivering a box of supplements. I folded a what-ever-it-is from the calendar. Then we watched "The Femme Musketeer" from Netflix. The lead female was unbelievably beautiful. Really. I could not believe she was the daughter of D'artagnion, raised in a small cottage in the country. If nothing else, where did she get the make-up? Anyway, so then it was time for bed.
* Carolyn showed off her completed quilt *

No comments: