Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fermenting lemonade



I got up early, sometime after 7. I did all the usual things, like exercise, read e-mail, blah, blah, blah. But somehow I did not get breakfast until noon. It might have had something to do with rebooting my laptop. I did it 'cause Firefox was having problems, but rebooting didn't help so the problem is not on my end. AND, it closed all of my open windows and DID NOT give me the option of recovering them when I reopened Firefox. I had a few choice words for whomever was responsible. I spent some time sweeping off the deck and patio barefoot. It was a beautiful, warm sunny day and I just needed an excuse to go outside. Sadly I was told yesterday that a cold front will go through tonight and temps will drop below freezing. Really? Hard to believe. Anyway, because I liked my green blocks so much, I decided to keep them and make another one for donation. A purple one this time. I took a pic of it and tried to load it to Facebook, but it just wouldn't go. I heard Chris come home so I went upstairs. I folded laundry while he rescued the latest loaf of bread from the bread machine. He read e-mail but did not eat because he had to meet some people from work at a restaurant later. I picked some greens from the yard and made a smoothie. After Chris left, I got out the citrus juicer. I have never used it before, so I washed the parts before starting. I washed some lemons, too. I researched fermented lemonade. All the recipes called for whey, which I don't have. I thought of using a scoby, but no one has, or least if they did, they didn't live to blog about it. So I used a packet of kefir starter. I put it in a jar with warm filtered water and the juice of 5 lemons. Oh, and a half cup of organic sugar. Now we wait for 2 days. I also gave me fermented coconut milk a new jar so I could wash the old one. Then I realized that I never finished the tapping videos (since Firefox had trouble playing them). So I did that, until Chris came home. I went down to make some more star blocks, and Chris came down when he was ready to watch TV. We only saw one episode before he had to turn in.

No comments: