Thursday, March 14, 2013

Going in circles on Pi day

It was after 8 when I got up. I checked e-mail, might have exercised once, ate breakfast and got dressed. I was supposed to meet Cecelia at Hancocks at 10. I discovered that they open before that so I left early. I was only early by 10 minutes. Still, I found some nice 50% off fabrics. She came at with a kneeling cushion from church. She asked me where the upholstery section was and I had to admit that I did not know because I had never gotten past the quilting fabric. We found it in the back of the store. She got several samples to check out and I bought some quilting fabrics. We did look at batting and foam, but did not note prices or anything. Then I followed her to King Cotton. It is kind of expensive but they specialize in home decorator fabrics. We found a couple of samples there, too, and a piece of cording. I followed her back to the church. We put the kneeler back and laid the samples on top to compare them with the rug. They looked different in the light of the sanctuary. One blended so well with the carpet that it almost disappeared. But it was greener than the blue kneelers and all the pews are in the same blue as the kneelers. So we decided to call in whomever was in the church office. They came and seconded our decision. We thought if we matched the present color, maybe people won't notice the change, and that would be best. I measured the cushions. Then they went back to the office, and Cecelia picked up her refrigerator cookies and went home. I went home, too. I ate lunch and cleared more e-mail. I mowed more of the back lawn. I picked some chickweed to make a green smoothie. Not as good as the one yesterday. Cecelia called me with the width of the fabric. I calculated how much we would need for the cushions, piping, etc. I also calculated yard of cording. I still need to do batting, foam and zippers, but do not know how wide the batting or foam is. Yet. I did my tapping videos and continued to tap for the feelings brought up by the funeral tomorrow, which will have an open casket. Chris came home and make himself a burrito. I made my large salad. We discussed the wedding on Saturday. He had not gotten a gift yet, so I suggested a double-wedding ring quilt that I have in the cabinet. I pulled it out but am not happy with the choice of binding. I took it downstairs to audition other choices. But first I had to clear my workspace by finishing the border on the baby quilt. Chris came down while I was auditioning, and suggested Eureka. That was fine with me. So we watched several episodes before going to bed.

No comments: