Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

I stayed in bed longer than usual, not wanting to get up. At first I thought it was because the bed was warm and comfy, and the ambient temp was not. But then I realized it was the thought of my morning routine. E-mail and tapping don't bother me, but exercising takes willpower and so does practicing. I am rapidly running low on willpower and high on boredom from playing 5 verses each of the same 3 hymns every day. But I told myself that today was the last day for that. Tomorrow I do a warm up and go to church for practice with the group. Then on Sunday we play those hymns for the last time. Last year she only asked for three verses each. With that thought, I got up and completed my morning routine. I ate breakfast around lunchtime. It was a sunny day so I mowed parts of the front lawn and some inside the fence. For lunch I made a large salad, adding pickings from the yard. I noticed that my turnip plants have small pink flowers on them. I brought my choir music in to practice the three pieces for tonight. Later I took a shower and scrubbed the green off of my feet. Chris came home early. I was still dressed in a towel, scrubbing a pan in the sink. Later I cooked the quinoa that has been soaking since yesterday. I dressed in black and we went to church for the service. It was a joint service with the church down the street, but the turnout was still light. As the 7 last words of Christ were read, they turned out more of the lights. The choir gathered in front where there was light to sing several times. But for the last song, all the lights were out and we had to memorize our parts. The pastor slammed the Bible shut and we all filed out in silence. At home, Chris worked on his laptop while I listened to an audio and tried to read my Star Trek book. When he was done, we watched an episode of Eureka. It was about bats, and I jumped when we heard a large something scrabbling back and forth between the floors above our heads. Yikes! After the episode, Chris went to bed and I am left to post.

No comments: