Saturday, March 23, 2013

But Honey, I saved you so much money...

...and the shipping was free!!
I had toyed with thoughts of getting up early for the church workday, which was only from 8 to 12. It was after nine when I got up, so I scrapped that idea. I wanted to work on my quilt labels. Ironically I spent most of the morning and afternoon on my laptop reading e-mails, listening to audios and tapping. I did get in some practice time. Chris did laundry and defrosted a roast for supper. I pulled up two garlics to go with it. He sliced them up along with all the leaves, and spread the bits on top. I tried my fermented lemonade, but I am not sure it is fermented. It tastes just like lemonade. I did work on the remaining two embroidered labels. I ran into trouble with the first one. For some reason it just wouldn't finish the job. I took the machine apart several times and turned it upside down and shook it. Not easy to do since the machine is heavy, but the needle broke and I think I can hear the tip rolling around inside. Finally, after nothing discernible happened, it worked. It finished that one, and had no problems with the second one. Then I brought the labels upstairs so I could trim all the jump stitches while listening to another audio. But the light wasn't bright enough. And that was because three of the five bulbs were burnt out. So I unscrewed them, which was tricky because I could barely reach the swinging thing and the globes would not come off until after the bulb was removed. Then I realized that we only had two new bulbs left. I washed the three globes, and replaced two bulbs. The third globe was cracked and it only got worse when I handled it. I trimmed jump stitches while Chris played with the voices. When the game was over, I Skyped Michele. She seems to be doing ok, and her roommate has returned.

No comments: