Sunday, March 17, 2013

Beautiful day for the walls of Jericho to come down



We woke up before the alarm went off. I kept thinking it would go off any minute and when it did, both of our phones rang. So we were up. I fixed breakfast, checked e-mail and took a shower. I was a little late getting out the door for church. But it was a beautiful day. The magnolia trees were in bloom. When I got to church, I played the alto part of the choir piece on the piano. Soon we gathered for Sunday School. I actually had 4 girls today, and they seemed to like the origami inflatable boxes. They preferred to make their trumpets out of paper towel tubes and wax paper rather than the posterboard. I did not have much wax paper, and I did not realize that there is a shelf life for rubber bands. Many of the ones I brought were brittle. I've had them since we lived in Augusta. But the papertowel tubes made more effective trumpets. After the kids went on to their next center, I was able to talk to Linda and Jennifer about the funeral. I thought if I had gone I would have learned a lot about Brenda, but they both said that no information was given. The family was unable to do a eulogy. But Linda brought me an extra bulletin from the funeral. She also brought in the one child who hadn't done their handprint for the quilt. That was remedied quickly. The choir practiced for a few minutes. Then the substitute organist asked me if I would be willing to play a solo with her sometime. I would like that, if she gets hired to replace Brenda. I joined Chris in our normal pew for the service. Afterwards we went home, then to the grocery store. We ate lunch and read e-mail. Chris did several loads of laundry. I put the baby quilt in one of them. I emptied the reservoir and cleaned the filter on the vacuum. I swept one on the silk rugs at length. When the baby quilt came out of the washing machine, I pinned it to the rug to block it. I opened a window and turned the fan on low. Chris kept interrupting me so I did the only thing that would stop him. Later, it was time for supper. I picked some oxalis, violets, chickweed and clover for a green smoothie. I cooked up some liver with onions and garlic, and some quinoa. The onions were sooo good I could have eaten them all. But I saved some, along with the liver broth for cooking the rest of the fermented soybean pattie. The liver was good, too. After clearing more e-mail, I made and ate a large salad. Chris peeled an orange and brought me half. I precticed my trombone and I watched two episodes of TQS, which are all free until midnight, but I'm not staying up just for that. Then we watched several episodes of Eureka before bedtime. Chris changed a lightbulb in the bedroom. I guess he wanted to read for a bit before going to sleep.

No comments: