Monday, March 18, 2013

Mirna's quilt top

I heard Chris' alarm go off this morning. I think I fell back asleep for awhile after he left, but still got up before 8. I read e-mail, practiced, tapped, and exercised. Then I went downstairs to pick out fabrics for a project to work on at the church (usual Monday thing). I decided on greens. When I finished picking them out, I packed them in my sewing box and realized that it was almost 11 and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. So I ate breakfast before going over to the church. It turned out to be a rainy day, but I had a window of time to get my machine from the car to the church. It was not as crowded as I expected. I found a place to set up. As the other ladies sewed and chatted, I cut 5 inch squares of greens and 2 7/8 inch squares of white. The blocks were easier than I expected, but took longer. Still they turned out so well that I will have a hard time parting with them. The project is to make a few squares for a donation quilt. Lauri finished her beautiful pastel scrap Irish chain quilt and folded it up before I had a chance to photograph it. Bertha worked on an Easter tablerunner and Mirna finished the wonky butterfly quilt top. It rained all afternoon but slowed down about 4. I finished my second block and started packing up. MaryAnn called and I promised to call her back as soon as I got home. I repeated "Call MaryAnn" all the way home so I wouldn't forget. Thankfully I didn't. Didn't forget, I mean. We had a nice chat about how she fell off of a ladder. She thought it was funny. After she hung up, I fixed a salad for supper and made a green smoothie. Yum. I read e-mail and Googled upholstery foam. I learned a lot. Now I know what kind we need for the altar rail cushions. I took a pic of my blocks, intending to post them on our group Facebook page, but never got that far. I also put together a list for supplements. Before I finished, Chris came home from work. Apparently things got real interesting just before he was about to leave. He made himself some supper. I made up an 8 day supply of vitamins, noting that I am completely out of krill oil. Then we watched several episodes of Eureka before going to bed.

No comments: