Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Can you tell where it broke?


I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I contemplated going back to sleep, but the big machine was back today. It is trimming trees along the power lines and crunching up the branches. Not something you can sleep through. So I went through my complete morning routine, including tapping, exercising, practicing, e-mail and breakfast. By then it was almost time for lunch. I watched it snow. Did not last long, but I could see the thermometer drop as the flakes fell. I soaked my black pants in a bucket of water to get the dried soap streaks out of it. Must have happened in the washer, but I don't know how. I wrapped my honey bottle in a heating pad on high to decrystallize the hard stuff on the bottom. I decanted the brewing kombucha into jars and put them in the cupboard. I thought about starting a new batch but it didn't happen. I listened to two audios while replacing the patched globe, and sewing. I embroidered my name on a purple rectangle to test spray glue as a way to make a stick-on quilt label. I stuck it to wax paper after I sprayed it. Then I drew diagonal lines through all the little white squares that I cut yesterday. I even cut 4 more large green ones and mixed up the stacks so they are ready to sew. Then I peeled off the purple label to stick it to other fabric and it did not stick. So plan B is to use fusible. I fused a piece of Heat-n-Bond to the back. Then I needed to make a small test quilt to iron it to. That can be my name tag for guild meetings. I've only been a member for a year now. It's about time I made a name tag. But then the battery on my laptop ran out, so I brought it upstairs to recharge. Chris came home from work and made a burrito. I picked some turnip leaves and made a big salad. I wrung out the pants and hung them up to dry. I think the soap streaks are gone, but won't be sure until they're dry. I read e-mail while Chris played a computer game. Then we watched three episodes of Eureka. He went to bed. I rescued my bottle of honey which was all nice and runny inside. And now I'm about to go to bed.

No comments: