Thursday, March 7, 2013

What not to say at a funeral

Chris left yesterday, so.I woke up alone. At least I got to use his pillow. And maybe later the remote. In addition to my regular morning activities, I had trouble with my laptop. The touchpad stopped working, so I plugged in a mouse. But it wanted to download a driver to make the mouse work. And without control of the cursor, I could not initiate the download. So I rebooted. Then the mouse and the touchpad worked just fine. Go figure. The mailman came to the door as I was brushing my teeth. He handed me a box and some mail. The mail was junk, and the box had a book in it. I did not open it until later, and it turned out to be Chris' book, not mine. Sigh. I swallowed a package of the LS vitamin C. It was awful as usual. Since today was a nice, sunny day, I raked leaves in my bare feet in the back yard. I had beef tongue for lunch. With a little salt, it was very good. MaryAnn called to talk about her mother's death. The funeral will be in Pennsylvania so she has a long trip ahead of her. Chris e-mailed me that he arrived safely in Lancaster. I wonder what army he will be playing in the tournament. I ran out of prepared vitamins, so I made up 8 days worth. After supper I took the stack-n-whack top downstairs to find a backing and some batting. I pinned it all together and decided to quilt it in straight lines on my machine. I quilted through two audios before the laptop battery got low. When I came up, I checked e-mail. Netflix wanted to know when I received the movie they sent. I guess I didn't change the address in time. It must have been delivered to the address on post. Then I googled appropriate things to say at funerals in preparation for tomorrow. Some of the things I thought were good were on the "Do Not Say" list. Since I did not know the deceased, my responses are limited to various forms of "I'm sorry, is there anything I can do?" One site suggested "There's a ton of bacon in my car with your name on it." (Hope they are not Jewish) And on that note, I am going to bed.

* Yesterday's fish "

No comments: