Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Searching for videos


Chris did not go to work today, so I slept a little later than usual. He took his shower, dressed, had breakfast and packed his duffle bag. It took him no more than 10 minutes to pack. I would have spent days. He read e-mail for a bit, then kissed me and headed for PA, or at least the halfway point. I read e-mail, tapped, exercised, and fixed breakfast. By then it was nearly lunch time. I had trouble with the toilet. It needed plunging but the bowl would not hold enough water to make good suction. I paper-folded a fish and practiced my trombone. I put the kombucha jar back in the diningroom where it belongs, freeing up space on the kitchen counter for other things. I poured a glass of water in the blender and added some cilantro. It made a green drink, not exactly tasty, but close enough. I put the beef tongue in a casserole dish with water and placed it in the oven to bake. I forgot to note the time. I read more e-mail, googled the benefits of removing amalgams, and then went outside to rake leaves. When I came in, I remembered the tongue. How long it had been in I will never know. I took it out and it peeled easily so I pronounced it done. I ate some. After more e-mail, I went to bed to rest, not feeling so good. My phone rang so I answered it. Chris was calling to say he'd arrived at his hotel. We chatted for a bit, and he told me about the snow in Richmond. I went back to bed. I think I dozed off for awhile. When I got it, it was an hour before choir practice. I took a shower and redressed. I did a Sudoku puzzle and jumped in the car. They were just starting when I got there. We practiced a piece for the funeral on Friday, as well as music for Holy Week. I am so uncomfortable at funerals that I find any excuse not to go. It's like I can feel the grief of every person in the church and I am drowning in it, even when I do not know the person who died. But I don't see how I can get out of this one, and Chris won't be here to go with me. When I got home, I used my laptop to google quilting videos. The next BOM is next week and this one is complicated enough that I want to give out a link to a video tutorial. But the only tutorial I found for the block is half an hour and that seems longer than necessary. I am giving up now and going to bed.

* Here is a pic of the stack-n-whack with borders *

No comments: