Sunday, March 3, 2013

Looks like a muppet

We woke up early, so had time before the alarm went off. It went off at 8, giving me time to check e-mail, read the story about the walls of Jericho, shower, eat and dress. I also took that awful tasting vit C that the dentist gave me. It was as bad as it was made out to be in the reviews on Amazon, but swallowing it off the end of a spoon was more efficient than trying to mix it in water and drink it. When I got to church, I put my ss stuff in the craft room, then gave the baby quilt to the assistant pastor. I returned to the room to set out the papers and crayons, then sat in the sanctuary for the opening. A total of three kids showed up. Two were in my craft class. Although making the trumpets and blocks for the wall went well, destroying the wall by blowing the trumpets did not. And there was time left over, so we used paint bottles as bowling balls to knock the wall down. When the class ended, Patrick came to get the kids for their next activity. He told me that the grandfather of one kid died and his mother left for the hospital. It was not entirely unexpected, but we really felt for her. I cleaned up the room a bit, then waited for the choir to run through their song. I was talking to Cindy in the vestibule and then entered the sanctuary to find Chris already there. The service went without a hitch. The last song was "Guide me O thou great Jehovah" 2.0. Someone had updated the words, and we don't like that. Doris came by with some tickets to a classical concert. She needed to give them away and I accepted them suspecting that we wouldn't make it. Chris left for the grocery store and I went home. I changed clothes, and started my tapping videos when Chris came home with food. I helped put it away. Then he changed clothes while I folded the laundry. He seemed to be working on taxes and I knew that the concert would go on without us. I spent some time outside, sweeping the patio, picking up sticks, enjoying the sun. It was cold, but not as cold as yesterday. I dug up a garlic and ate a little bit. I spent the afternoon searching the internet again for dentists who came recommended and would be cognizant of the dangers of removing mercury. After supper, we went down to watch the last two episodes of Eureka. At the end, Allie was pregnant and Jack got fired. How's that for a cliffhanger? The library doesn't open again until Tuesday.

No comments: