Friday, March 22, 2013

Project Linus


I got up a little early. I went through an abbreviated version of my normal morning routine. While I was taking a shower, my phone rang. It was Bertha trying to find out if I was ready to go. I called her back. I also listened to a message left by Charlie. He wants to mow our lawn again this year. I told Bertha I'd be ready by the time she got here. I packed some green fabrics in a box with the usual sewing utensils. I also packed some seaweed and liver for lunch. Hey, no one steals my lunches. I was opening the garage door to roll my machine and box out, when she drove up. I put my stuff in the back and off we went. She showed me the back way to Quilter's Combo. In their classroom were bins and bins of fabric for Project Linus. This only happens once a quarter. I picked out some fabric to make a Linus top and she picked up some completed tops that just needed binding. Then we entered the main part of the store to hear a lady talking about maybe giving a class in fabric dying and painting techniques. When we left the store, we went to Joan's house. Her other house. Yes, she has a house just for sewing and quilting. Bertha gave me the tour. It isn't House Beautiful, but it is comfortable and well equipped. Some ladies sewed with Joan's machines. I ironed Project Linus fabric and cut green squares. We broke for lunch, and then sewed some more. About 2 it broke up. Bertha drove me home. After she left, I ate some kimchi and checked out e-mail. I had a few audios to listen to, and one was a meditation. Chris came home early. I made myself a weed smoothie. He put pork in the oven to heat up. I had a salad. Later we watched several episodes of Eureka. At one point I wondered if they made up the stories as they went or if the way it turned out was the plan all along.
* This is a newly arrived Linus quilt *

No comments: