Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Saturday

I got up at 8:30, read e-mail and fixed breakfast. I warmed up on my trombone. I folded up my stand and put the horn in its case. The music went into the case as well. I carried it all out to the car and went to church for practice. Even thought I was right on time, the other players were already there and waiting on me for practice to begin. We played through the program and I wrote notes in my bulletin about when to be with the brass, when to be with the choir and when to sit with the congregation. It's a lot to remember. Susan found me a place to hide my trombone so I won't have to carry it in the morning. On the way home I stopped at Hobby Lobby to find beads in the shapes of things that God created in the first six days. Pickings were slim. Cathy called while I was there to talk about arrangements for Paducah. Then I resumed shopping. I bought a new jar for the kefir and a piece of green fabric that I think will go with the Veggie Tales quilt. When I got home, Chris had finished the laundry. I started a loaf of his bread in the bread machine. I read e-mail and listened to audios. I had sewing stuff to do, but could not find the gumption to do it. Or much else. It was a rainy day but I did not check the basement for leaks. I spent the rest of the day reading the Star Trek book. William called to tell me that he returned one laptop and bought a different one. Chris played with the voices. Michele was one of them, but I did not get to talk to her afterwards. When I finally tore myself away from the book, it was past time for bed, especially considering that I have to get up early in the morning to play for the early service (but not the sunrise service, whew!)

No comments: