Saturday, March 9, 2013

How long does it take to play a 1-hour CD?

I got up about 8:30. I did not exercise. I took the vit C and read e-mail, and listened to audios. Later I ate some grass-fed beef tongue (so good I could almost taste the grass) and then breakfast. I started paper-folding yesterday's project when I realized that it is the same cube that we are making on Sunday for the wall of Jericho. I did my tapping videos, and extended the tapping to include whatever else came up. I drank lots of water. I spent 45 minutes outside in my bare feet. Later I watched the man behind us mow his lawn. Ours could use some mowing, too. I worked on the quilt downstairs. I tried to take a pic, but the battery was too low. I plugged the battery into its charger, then put the memory card in the old camera which uses AA's. That worked, but it reminded me of all the reasons I needed a new camera. After taking the pic, I added more quilting to the quilt. I need it to be dense enough to go through many loads of laundry without the batting shifting. I cut squares of paper for SS tomorrow. I was going to make a large salad for supper, but suppertime came and went while I was downstairs and I wasn't particularly hungry anyway. I did drink a glass of cilantro water. When I tired of quilting, I decided to listen to my Holosync meditation CD. To get the full effect, a good sound system is needed and high quality head phones. I used to use the receiver in the bedroom, but it wasn't hooked up. So I found the cables, hooked it up, and plugged it in. It seemed to work fine, but the sound only came out in the left ear. I tried plugging the headphones into the jack in the tape player and that worked, but there is no volume control on the tape player. It only plays LOUD. So I connected the CD player to the reciever and ran that to the tape player. It sort of worked except that I had to hold the speaker wire to plug ends. No good for meditation. I called William but he never answered. For some reason, it then started working from the receiver. I was relaxing into the music when Chris called. I restarted the CD after he hung up. But a few minutes later, the sound in the right ear quit. I decided to use the receiver in the living room. I brought a couple of pillows to lay on the floor. The first half of the CD worked fine, but when the second half started, the right ear quit. I switched some cables in the back and it started up again. I finished the CD, wondering what the root problem is. Some people would say it is because Mercury is in retrograde. But to my knowledge, it has never been a problem before. So anyway, it took all evening to listen to a one-hour CD and now I am going to bed. My phone is on the headboard to wake me up at 8am for Sunday School.

No comments: