Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Cracker Barrel fan

I had trouble sleeping last night. Michele tossed and turned too. She finally got up at 5 she said. I slept in until 8. I talked to Cecily, made and ate breakfast (I forgot the coffee mill but Cecily lent me hers for chia and flax). I also used the coconut milk from last night, but it did not seem fermented. When I got out my toothbrush, I noticed that one of my pill bottles was open. There may have been some pills missing, but I did not count them when I packed them. Then I got ready for church. Al went to the local convenience store for kimchi (for me). The four of us got to church early and sat in the pew until the service started. The Lutheran church I usually attend would have found the music at this Catholic service to be very non-traditional. It would have been nice to have more of the liturgy music written down so I could see it and sing it. Cecily and Al served communion (with 8 other people). After the service they washed the chalices etc and put them away. The church was having a potluck in honor of St. Ann's (their patron saint) but we went to Cracker Barrel 'cause Michele has been asking to go. We waited half an hour to be seated. Then our order took awhile to be completed. Having just had breakfast, I ordered the veggie platter with a sweet potato, seasonal veggies, and seasonal fruit. Michele got a Reuben with french fries, and cornbread. She got a box for the french fries and cornbread. Then we went to Penney's at the mall for clothes for Michele. She wanted skirts and tops for work. I got two tops myself. Then we went to Party City so Michele could get long balloons for making balloon animals. I bought some sympathy cards. Then we went to Kroger for a rotisserie chicken for supper. When we got back, we skyped with Chris. I added some Activia to my coconut milk to see if that would ferment it. I hardboiled some eggs.  i picked some blackberries.  We watched hummingbirds at the feeder.  Cecily made popovers at Michele's request. I looked up popover pans on the internet to see what they looked like. Michele chopped things for a salad. Cecily made squash and onions. Then we sat down to supper. I got the dark meat from the chicken. We enjoyed our meal at length. Then we cleaned up (Cecily did most of it while we talked to her). She had the food channel on so we watched 5 chefs complete some challenges before one was eliminated. Then Cecily went to bed. I skyped Chris again to see what he did at the orphanage he volunteered at. Then I hung up so I could concentrate on writing to my blog and going to bed.

No comments: