Friday, July 25, 2014

How to prop a hose

I got up after the alarm went off. I checked my e-mail, and started an audio. I exercised, and laid in the sun. The sun is more reliable before noon. I boiled some slices of ginger, then juiced the remaining vegetables. I drank the juice, and started making breakfast, packing food as I went. The ginger water boiled away and I noticed it was burning. I heard an interview with Dr. Brimhall on functional medicine while I ate breakfast, and meditated. I boiled the last egg so I would have food when I got back. I checked in with Delta online. I read the rules on baggage. I did not know that you can bring your Christmas tree as checked luggage, but you laptop must be a carry-on.. They recommended I be there 75 minutes before flight time. I printed my boarding passes. I observed the sprinkler timer click on. And I saw that input hose was leaking at faucet but stopped when timer clicked on. All the water went through the shortest hose, so I had to partially close the splitter to fill both hoses. I counted almonds and walnuts and brazil nuts for all the days of my trip. I put my sprouting sweet potato in a pitcher of water. I had to tweak the hose timer system because the water from the splitter only comes out of the hose with the lowest end. That took way more time than I wanted to spend. I started laundry, and stacked the dishwasher. I swept the floor, and collected the garbage. I juiced the lemons, putting the juice in a bottle in the fridge. I mixed my breakfast spices together to save space in the suitcase. I fed my plants their mineral water and made sure they were well watered. I folded 2 loads of laundry and brought in the mail. I wasn't happy with the leaking outdoor faucet, but was able to tighten it using some rubber shelf liner. It might be dripping ever so slightly, but I can live with that for two weeks. I sat for a few minutes to rest and meditate because I felt anxious. I made up 17 days of supplements, and prepared some meds, leaving most behind in case they are taken away away at security. I swept patio with a broom just because it felt good to see it look better. I took out the trash, but it turned out to be too early. I put onion soup in containers in the freezer, and ate the meat left on the lamb bone. I started the dishwasher. By then it was 8:30 and I still hadn't packed any clothes. I rolled up the windows in my car and locked it. I went through my purse looking for things I did not need or that would alarm the TSA people. I could not find my packing list, so I printed another one. I remember one year just packing all my black and white clothing and being done. But when I tried it tonight, there wasn't a comprehensive pile. Anyway, I finally got clothing selected and turned my attention to how to pack the food in amongst it. I also had to decide what my carry-on will be and what I can pack in there. I wanted to talk to Chris but he did not answer skype.  I waited and then he got online.  We talked, but not much because I was so tired, and weepy.  He told me to go to bed now and finish in the morning.
*  This is how I propped one hose to be level with the one uphiill.

No comments: