Monday, July 14, 2014

Almost like actual cooking

I woke up at 6:30 hearing something I could not identify. I turned off the fan so I could hear it better, but still did not know what it was. It seemed to be coming from far away, so I went back to bed. Last night I hoped to get up early to clean, but that plan did not survive contact with my pillow. The next time I got up, it was for the phone alarm at 8. I turned on the router and played briefly on my trombone. I checked my e-mail and listened to a Rife audio on Youtube while I lasered my finger. I put small rugs in the washing machine and went back to e-mail and audios. I listened to the advantages of growing your own mushrooms while I exercised. I ordered more coconut oil. I put Dad's will in a safe waterproof place. I juiced and made breakfast. I packed a lunch, including a frozen banana. I made up a week's worth of supplements, and a note to order more. I watered the greens on my way to the car and went to the Monday sewing group. The ladies were having lunch when I walked in. I worked on Barbara's quilt in the corner, on the edge. Lauri finished her quilt top but I did not have my camera to record it. Bertha also made a quilt top, but hopefully she will bring it back next week for pictures. I packed up at three, and went home to sweep. I cleaned in the bathroom, too. I took the rugs out of the dryer and put them back where they belongs. I swept up the dust in the sewing area. Jen called to say they were on the way, so I cleaned a little more. Jennifer and her daughter arrived and showed me what Emma had made: a cute shirt, bag and pillow. I showed them my sewing room and more in the garage. I let Emma pick through my scraps. I gave Jen the horse puppet, and she invited me over for a swim and supper tomorrow night. After they left, I picked some greens, and cut up an onion and the squash. I cooked it with spices, greens and some lamb and bacon fat. It was so much like actual cooking that I had to pinch myself.  And it was pretty good, too.  After eating, I mowed the back lawn. Then I sat downstairs to cool off, and put fabric away. I entered some numbers in my phone for the people that are giving me rides to the airport and back. I called the cc company to tell them that Chris will be using it in Honduras. Craig came over with a bag of cucumbers. If not for my juicer, I would have no way of eating so many before they went bad. I put together a Swansons order for a month ahead, and one for almonds. And now it is way past my bedtime.

No comments: