Sunday, July 20, 2014

Paige and Frankie

The alarm went off at 8, waking me from a very pleasant dream. I think I was swimming. I deactivated it and read e-mail. I exercised somewhat and made breakfast. I showered, got dressed,and went to church. I brought a quilt top with me to collect signatures. A few people signed it before the service and some after. I said goodbye to Joanie since next week is her last Sunday. Then I went to Publix for groceries. I did not spend much since I have veggies left from last week. I ate lunch, and put the groceries away. I took some niacin, waited for it to kick in, then picked up sticks from the yard. I mowed front yard from north to south to work up a good sweat. Then I sat in my car and sweated with Sudoku. Does that sound like a new exercise fad? I turned on the AC and took a shower. I checked e-mail again until I saw Craig out in his back yard. I ran out to give him some squash and tell him I would be gone. He gave me some garlic that he had just dug up. Then I cut up a tomato with some fresh greens. It was soooo good. Paige called to say she'd be over in 10 minutes to see my garden. I showed her my garden(s), and gave her a squash and some garlic. She brought her dog Frankie. She also found a cucumber, my first one. After she left, I ate some onion soup. For the last two days I ate like a vegetarian and that was long enough so I had some cheese, too.
Chris skyped me, but the call got dropped and I could not get him back. I looked at quilt pics on Pinterest – an endless array. Then Chris skyped me back when his computer rebooted. I had to go to the bathroom at one point and that is when my phone rang. Chris said sorry he couldn't answer it. When I listened to the voicemail, there were two. One was from Elwin and one from Chris' mother. The Elwin message was very strange and somewhat disturbing. But I went on with my conversation with Chris and resolved to call his mother back. When the daylight waned, I hung up with him so I could mow more in the front yard. Then I called Cecily back. I checked for new e-mail, and then worked on my rug. I was able to finish it by 10:20. The whole time, I was ruminating on the strange voice mail and wondering if I should be worried, or take action of some kind. After the rug was finished, I went upstairs to post to my blog and do some tapping before bed.
*  This is the rug.  I do not have a pic of Paige or Frankie, the cute black lab.  *

No comments: