Thursday, July 31, 2014

Another late night

I woke up much later than I thought. Dad did not do much better, but at least we all know he needed the sleep more than the time to do stuff. He said he would eat and was ready to go. I did not know if that meant I only had time to eat, or if I had time to exercise and wash up before making breakfast. I banked on having the time and I was right. Instead of coconut milk on my breakfast, I opened the young coconut and used the water. I gave some to Dad to taste. After breakfast I drank a little of the milk for the probiotic effect. It was getting low so I opened another can of milk. In scraping it out, I cut my finger. I washed my hands and put hydrogen peroxide on it. Dad got me a bandage and I waved my hands around to dry them. I noticed funky spots appearing on the washbowl. They did not look like blood, but that must have been it. Dad helped me put the bandaid on. Then we went to Bank of Virginia where we took care of Mom's CD, but needed Faye's signature. So we called her which woke her up. Since she is working nights this week, she needed the sleep. She agreed to meet us at 3. So we left that bank and went to First Security Bank (or something like that). We processed another CD, but needed Faye's signature. It was 2, so we went to the next bank to get something from the safebox. Then we went home for a quick lunch before returning to the first bank. Faye did not know exactly where it was. So we got a late start, and a late exit. Then we went to the second bank which closed at 4. We got in by 3:50. The lady processed the papers and got Faye's signature and Dad's signature. Then we went home. Faye told me what an exciting week it was at the hospital surgical unit. Then she left for Ladies Night Out. I ate some supper, and then organized the papers Dad had in two black bags. I noticed that the info on the CD sheet from the second bank did not agree with what we asked for, or with the other sheet that came with it. Dad said he wasn't worried, so that got tabled. I got on my e-mail and Chris skyped me. He said he only had 20 minutes to talk. I spoke to him and some to Dad at the same time. Dad said he had a check ready to write. So I hung up with Chris. But then Dad said he needed to put all the bank stuff in file folders before he could concentrate on the check. He went looking for file folders. And labels. I found some in his bedroom desk, but they were old and not so sticky. He found some in the computer room, but they were old and some not so sticky. We put new labels on the folders. Then he told me the names of banks and I wrote the labels and stuffed them. We got all of that organized and he went to make copies of something that pertained to more than one bank. I wrote part of my blog. Then, at 11:30, he was ready to write the check. I filled it out to pay his internet bill. He signed it and put a stamp on the envelop and finally I could go to bed.  I don't like how my bedtime and wake up time are getting later and later.
*  I have a pic of the coconut, but it is too late to upload it.  So here is one from the botanical gardens  *

No comments: