Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sweating it out

I heard the alarm go off at 8, but delayed getting up. Upon arising, my first act was to collect the recyclables. I got dressed and took the bin out to the street for pickup. Then I got the frozen vials of saliva from the freezer and placed them in the test kit. It came with a mailing bag, so I affixed the label and ran it to the nearest UPS store. The lady did not ask what was in the cold bag. When I got back, I read e-mail and listened to an audio while I exercised. Chris called and invited me to lunch with him and people from work. I declined. Then I posted to my blog for yesterday. I juiced and meditated. While I was making breakfast, Jennifer called. She has one night alone, so she invited me over for supper. Also, she wants her daughter to see my fabric collection, so they are coming over here next week. I finished making breakfast and listened to another audio while eating it. I cleared some e-mail. I did not go to Stitch-its. I laid out in the sun to get a tan. As soon as I laid down, the sun went behind a cloud. Or did a cloud pass in front of the sun? Either the sun hates me or the clouds love me. Either way, the tanning thing was not working out. I took some niacin. I pulled the car up in front of the garage. I got out the Kirby and swept out the car. I wrapped up in a towel in the front seat to sweat. I brought a Sudoku variation to work on. After an hour, I took a break to refill my water bottle and wipe off. Then I went back for another hour. When only 4 minutes remained, I got shortness of breath so I called it quits. Chris arrived just then. I drank some water, finished breakfast and took a shower. I laid down for awhile. I drank coconut juice for the electrolytes. My heartbeat was little faster than normal, so I ate a banana for potassium. I read e-mail and made a salad. Then I ate some broccoli and hummus. I went down to cut blue strips for the next guild meeting. Chris came down and fired up the DVD player. We watched 8 more episodes of BBT. In the last episode, Penny says goodby to Leonard before he goes to work on a research ship for 4 months. It made me think of Chris leaving on Saturday. I Then decided to go post to my blog while he went to bed.
*  This is a quilt Keril's mother made for Linus.  *

No comments: