Friday, July 4, 2014

Fourth of July

We heard my alarm sound at 8 but did not get up or acknowledge it. I am not sure what time we did get up. Because Chris planned to take my car to a coworker of his to check out the engine/transmission and I wanted to go along, I skipped exercising, and went straight to supplements and juicing, followed by breakfast. I called my dad to wish him a happy 4th of July. Then Chris drove us to Brendan's house. I realized that I left my phone on the charger again, after telling my dad that he could call me if he had any questions. I had intended to watch the proceedings and maybe learn something about my car. But when I met his wife, we hit it off, and spent the entire afternoon talking. I am not sure what Chris and Brendan did, but the upshot was that he could do nothing for the car, and it needed an o2 sensor. They joined us sitting on the patio and chatting. I did not realize how late it was until their dogs barked for supper at 6. I saw buses transporting people to a site for watching fireworks. We said our goodbyes and went home. We ate our suppers. My dad had called while we were gone, so I called him back. I wandered out to the apple tree and knocked one down to eat while I was talking to him. After the call, I turned on the TV. I wanted to watch the Capitol 4th of July celebration, but it was only showing on public TV and we do not get that station since it comes from Birmingham. So we had the Macy's 4th of July celebration on upstairs and I read e-mail until I noticed that the fireworks had started. Then I ran down to watch it on the larger TV. I even took some pics to show on my blog. As I watched, I wondered how I could capture the images on a quilt. I also very much enjoyed the music. I thought my dad would like it, but since he considers it entertainment, he did not plan to watch it. I read more e-mail after the show.  I could hear the sounds of fireworks in the neighborhood, but could not see them.  I stood on a chair on the porch, but was frustrated by seeing only lightning bugs. I read e-mail and helped Chris pick out the bedding he wants to take to Honduras.  I wrote my blog post and cropped all the pics I took.  When I had chosen one for the blog, I published it and went to bed.


No comments: