Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Block of the month

I got up when phone alarm would not shut off. It doesn't usually do that. I swished, and read e-mail. I listened to some tapping audios. I collected the trash in the bathrooms and took it out to the trash can. I listened to an audio on how to use Google hangout and other ways to get noticed (business-wise) while I exercised and juiced. I meditated. I made breakfast and ate most of it. I took a shower and shaved my legs. I packed seaweed and fermented nut cheese (which I made yesterday) for lunch. I put it in my sewing box and rolled the machine et al, to my car. It was after noon. When I arrived, the group was small, but then I knew it would be since several ladies are on a quilting retreat. I worked on Barbara's quilt. Dinah helped me put it in the frame. Laurie had her quilt blocks on the design wall. When she had them put together, Maryanne put hers up. They are making the same block of the month quilt. Rebecca helped me sew for a short while. She invited me to her house to see her new plantings. Dinah said she would give me a ride home from the airport in August. What a relief to know that is taken care of! Mirna worked on a black, white and gray baby quilt. For some reason I don't have a pic of it. Cheryl brought a quilt book and I took several pics of quilts in it. At five I packed up to come home. Chris was already home. He gave me a card from Brandon's wife where she gave me her number and said I could call her anytime. We had lamb for supper. I picked some greens from the back yard and mixed them with chunks of tomato. After eating, I mowed the rest of the front yard and a part of the back. Now that every inch has been mowed once, I am on the lookout for where to start the next round. I checked e-mail until Chris was ready to watch TV. We watched Big Trouble in Little China, a movie we already had. Then he got fresh and we went to bed.
*  this is Laurie's version  *

No comments: