Saturday, July 5, 2014

No Payless, but I did pay less

The alarm did not sound because the phone software was poorly programmed. We enjoyed each others company and got up at 9:30. I did my exercises, etc, and juiced. I noticed that I am getting tired of cleaning up both juicers. Then I made breakfast. A check went in the mail.  I checked e-mail, and then went to the Target shopping center where I swear there was a Payless shoe store. When I had driven the length of the strip mall and not found it, I parked and called Chris. He looked it up on the internet and said it was north on the parkway. I did not feel like driving up there, so I went into Target and found a white pair that was acceptably close to what I wanted for $10.00. I brought it home. I finished breakfast and cut up a tomato with greens from the back yard. I watered the planters and the vegetable beds. Chris did laundry including sheets. I checked e-mail, and did some tapping sequences. I sat in my hot car, sweating and working Sudoku puzzles for an hour. I mended Chris' shirt sleeve for the third time (maybe it only rips because I fix it?).   I finished binding a Linus quilt by machine. The new foot pedal only sews fast, so I wonder if he wired it wrong. I finished the binding just in time for supper. We had fish with onions and fresh garlic from the back yard. After supper I read more e-mail and then made a batch of hummus and soaked cashews for fermented nut cheese tomorrow. I set my phone alarm to ring tomorrow morning. When I finished cleaning up the hand mixer and the citrus juicer (for the lemons to make hummus), we went down to watch Premium Rush: a movie about several bicycle couriers in New York City. It was very suspenseful with all the long bike chases weaving in and out of traffic. I can't imagine how all of that was choreographed. Chris put clean sheets on the bed while I put on the pillow cases. I posted to my blog and soon go to bed.
*  I just love fireworks, so here is another pic from the TV last night.  *

No comments: