Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Yoga

I woke up at 6:30, then went into the guest room to lie down. I did not get up at 8. When I did an exercise in bed which got my circulation going so I could get out of bed, it was almost 9. I listened to an audio and exercised. Denise e-mailed me to go with her to yoga. I had to plan it out, and was feeling overwhelmed by what I wanted to fit into the day. I tapped for the overwhelm. I tried to lay out but sun went away as soon as I put my suit on. I juiced three cucumbers and a carrot. I grabbed my basic sewing kit, and drove to quilt group. They were working on charity quilts. I asked for a job and the leader told me to use her machine and sew a stack of squares together. So I did that for an hour. Then I drove on post to meet Denise for yoga. She picked me up at the bank and we went to the gym on Martin road. I did not have a pass to get in, but she knocked on the door and someone opened it. No one asked questions, so we went into the yoga room. She had a mat and I had a towel. The yoga instructor was very nice and not demanding. But mostly we worked on lunges, so I might be sore tomorrow. From the lunge position, we went to warrior pose, which is balancing on one leg. Strangely it was easier to balance on one leg than on two for holding the lunge. At the end of the class, we laid on the floor quietly. Resting peacefully made me think of Mom and I teared up. Then Denise and I sat in her truck and she told me about an offer she got that was too good to be true and she was a little skeptical. Then we returned to the bank so I could pick up my car. I dropped by the Asian store for kimbap and sprouts. I was so hungry that I started eating it on the way home. I finished the kimbap at home with kimchi. Then I made breakfast and ate some of it. Denise gave me the name of the book she had written, so I went to Amazon and read the first page. What a beginning! I had to stop to run to the farmer's market for tomatoes. $14 for 9 tomatoes seemed pricey to me. I went home and laid down for a bit, then took a shower. I grabbed my bathing suit and a towel. I had an idea where Jennifer's house was, but brought the address to plug into the GPS if necessary. My idea was wrong and when I plugged in the GPS, it would not come on. So I had to call her and she told me I was not far away. When I got to her house, she showed me all the work she had done on it, and all the things she had planted. Her four o'clocks looked like mine, but had a much stronger scent. We swam in her pool for awhile. Then she made supper and talked to me. We compared notes on natural foods, restaurants, and supplements and where to buy them. I should have brought paper to take notes. It was after 10 when I left her house. We had had a great time. I finished breakfast and posted to my blog. 
*  This is Jennifer's bouganvilla.  I did not take any pics at Yoga because women in Spandex don't appreciate being photographed.  *

No comments: