Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Praise Band

I was already up when the alarm went off. I checked e-mail, drank water, drybrushed, and started the coffee detox process. I listened to two audios. I juiced, meditated, and fixed breakfast. I measured my combined spices and found it to be half a tablespoon. Now I can make a mixture to take on my trip and store it all in one shaker. By the time breakfast was ready, it was just after noon. The sun was out and I rushed out to take advantage of it. But as I put my suit on, I could see the light fading as the sun went behind a cloud. Am I paranoid? There is a pattern here and I can't explain it. I went back to eating breakfast and then rushed out again when the sun shone. I came in when the sun dimmed. Then I finished breakfast, and called Denise to see when she wanted to walk. I took shower, and got dressed. Denise called to say it was raining. I grabbed my umbrella, and a cucumber.  I programmed the GPS with her address and drove off.  It told me I had arrived before I got to her house. So I put on my glasses to read the house numbers until I found hers. We talked a little inside and then rode in her truck to the park. We walked in the rain along a path. She told me about the fertility clinic and I told her about my lab test results. When we got back, we sat in the picnic area to tap. Then I let her listen to the odd voicemail from the man who is giving me a ride to the airport and back. She was very concerned. We went back to her house so I could get my car. Her husband pulled up and she had him listen to the voicemail too. He said I should get another ride and never be alone with this man, no explanation. They both insisted that I call them when I have another ride so they won't be worried (they are leaving town as well or they would drive me). I was going to call Pastor, but when I got home, I remembered that Jennifer J called, so I called her back. She wanted advice on pre-surgery supplements. Then I told her about the voice mail and she also told me not to ride with him. So then I was fairly alarmed and wondering why Chris wasn't concerned. I ate some fish and onion soup. I loaded my trombone in the car and drove to church. Jennifer Q arrived soon after. We talked about Marilyn dying of cancer after being in church 2 weeks ago and seeming fine. This past weekend I had looked for a get well card for her, and now it has turned into a condolence card for her family. Several men from the choir arrived and set up some chairs and the electric keyboard. Jen played the keyboard and the others sang. She penned in a few notes for me to play on the trombone and encouraged me to add to it any way I wanted. We practiced two songs. They went ok, but my bifocals were totally useless at that distance and the light wasn't good so I will do better after I practice it at home in better light. Dinah called to say she could give me a ride to the airport on Saturday morning. After the practice, I went to Pastor's office to tell him about the troubling voicemail. He agreed that I should not ride with the man, but gave me some insight into why his thinking might be affected. He said that either he or the new intern could pick me up from the airport when I get back. That was a relief, but I still have to let the man know that his services are no longer needed. When I got home, I checked e-mail (nothing new) and added a can of milk to my fermented brew. I want to have extra so I can take some along and leave some here in case it gets confiscated at the airport. I listened to an audio, and Chris skyped me. Then I finished my audio and posted to my blog. 
*  This is Carolyn B's quilt top from Monday  *

No comments: