Monday, July 21, 2014

Test results

I was up late last night reading one of Michele's stories on FictionPress. Her work has improved and I was impressed. I was therefore amazed to wake up before the alarm went off after such a late night. I read e-mail, and exercised a little (my back was iffy on that subject). I took the large, mostly yellow cucumber that Paige found and sliced it through the middle. I tasted it and it was still good. So I juiced it with another from the fridge. That made 2 cups of juice so I mixed in some minerals and drank it and meditated. Or tried to. Thoughts of packing for the upcoming trip kept intruding. Then I made breakfast, still thinking about how to pack my special foods for the trip. I ate it while reading another of Michele's 32 stories online. Then I packed a lunch, and took my sewing stuff to the church on Whitesburg. I worked on Barbara's quilt. Lauri needed a kingsize pillowcase as a model to make one to match her quilt, so I drove her to my house, got a pillowcase, and showed her my fabric collection. Then we went back to church for more quilting. Carolyn told us about her experiences with a ghost that haunted a place that she used to work at, then she left. I handquilted some more, marking with a white pencil in a stencil. I ate my lunch, and took pics of other people's quilts. I left at almost 4:30 to go to the fish market. I asked for 1.5 pounds. The lady gave me two pieces, which added up to two pounds. I just paid for them and took them home to put in the fridge and freezer. I finished mowing the front yard and moved to the back. I read more e-mail, and ate some of the fish. I read more Michele stories. I checked e-mail again, and listened to some shorter audios. Then I mowed again in the back yard. I opened a box of supplements that came today and put them away. I was reading my saliva test results (which came in an e-mail today) when Chris skyped me. He said he learned that I could visit him on post for up to 30 days. We ended the call when his kitchen timer signaled that his chicken was done. I went back to reading my lab report and investigating hormonal supplementation because my DHEA is low. 
*  This is Mirna's quilt.  *

No comments: