Monday, July 28, 2014

Have I left anything out?

Not having had a chance to take notes during the day, I cannot now render all the day's happenings. I don't remember when I got up. I just know that I felt so groggy when Michele got up, that I went back to sleep. When I got up, I swished with coconut oil and went out to pick blackberries. I offered some to Al and Michele. Then I made breakfast and added some to the mix. My dad called to say that William would be over at noon to pick us up since he (Dad) needed to pick up a little. I checked my e-mail and meditated. Then I packed my suitcase and made the bed. Michele brought all of her luggage out. William came in then and spoke to Al. I got my stuff together and food boxes. I encouraged the conversation thinking that I was giving Dad a little extra time to clean up. On the way back to Dad's house, William stopped at Goodwill to check for a large suitcase (for me). When we got to the house, Dad was waking up from a nap. We all had a pleasant conversation. Then William left and Dad brought up the subject of eating out. I called Faye to see if she wanted to come over and see Michele. She did. Dad and I talked about Mom's estate and filling out forms. Faye came over and it took us a long time to decided to eat at Teppanyaki's tonight and Subway tomorrow night. But we did not leave until 7. I called Al and Cecily to let them know the plan for tomorrow night. We left for the restaurant. As it was a buffet place, we were able to get food right away. Kevin joined us later. We all had a good time. Faye needed to leave to get some sleep for her night shift. I was worried about her but she stayed for quite some time. Dad gave me the car keys and walked home. Faye and Kevin went home in their twin cars. I drove Michele home, arriving just before Dad did. The three of us looked through the picture album of Mom from young girl to … the end. Then Dad started the process of making a shopping list while Michele called up a movie on her laptop. We watched “Miss Pettigrew lives for a day”. The volume was so low that we had to turn on the subtitles. Actually, Michele knew it so well that she did not need to read the text. But surely she got tired of having to stop the movie to tell me what was being said. It was a cute movie. It came to an end at midnight. I checked skype and Chris had already gone to bed. So it was time to blog and go to bed. Michele chose to sleep on the couch in the livingroom so I accepted the bedroom and blogged there.

No comments: