Saturday, July 12, 2014

Early morning dream

Last night I did some tapping in bed on a relaxing and cozy image, on feeling surprisingly calm. And it must have worked because when Chris' alarm went off at 3:30, I stayed calm. He took a shower and got dressed in the dark, then kissed me and went out to the den to read on his laptop. I had a short bout of crying and trying to calm my amygdala, then was able to join him out there. I puttered around while he read. I had shut down my laptop last night and the quiet was so wonderful that I did not want to start it up again right away. His taxi arrived a little early. I opened the front door so he could carry his stuff out. I am glad it wasn't me with two suitcases, a backpack and a laptop. I went back to bed, still intentionally thinking calming thoughts and afraid the tears would come back. I imagined what today would be like for him and when he might have a chance to e-mail me. Then it occurred to me that I should think about what I could be doing today. But his day sounded way more interesting. Eventually I fell asleep. When I woke up, the birds were singing and the night wasn't so dark. I fell asleep again and the phone alarm woke me up at 8. But it was my old phone that was ringing. The screen was white and I know my sim card wasn't in it, so I wondered why it rang today and not yesterday, last week, etc.
The previous month felt like a dream. Maybe it was. Maybe my mother wasn't dead, and Faye did not catch LD, and Chris was still in Kwaj. Then my new phone rang. But it was Chris, not the alarm. He told me his plane to Honduras was boarding and he just had time to tell me he loved me. So much for the dream.
I listened to an interview while I juiced with the handcrank juicer. This was the first time I put in whole vegetables. I processed arugula, bean sprouts, broccoli sprouts, a few broccoli heads and two carrots (cut in pieces). It was hard going, but it did juice and the pulp was dry. After I drank that (and it was bitter), I made breakfast. I put on an interview about natural pest control by a lady with a blog called BugsBehavingBadly. After breakfast, I took some niacin and tried to sunbathe. Of course a cloud floated in front of the sun. I mixed up two batches of mineral water and fed my vegetable plants. Then I parked my car in the sun to sweat through a few killer Sudoku puzzles. At 1:30 I finished a puzzle, showered, and ate a salted piece of lamb and a banana. I got dressed and went to the church to meet Joanie, our intern. She was concerned about how I was handling Chris going away and all. And apparently people have been asking her how I am doing. We chatted for 3 hours and afterwards she said it felt more like girl talk than ministering. She also thinks I should write a health column for the church newsletter. Interesting idea.
When I got home, I ate some more lamb, and had to put it away before I finished the dish. I changed clothes and mowed near the magnolia tree and inside the fence. I plugged the mower in to recharge, then took the opportunity to clip the tall wild lettuce stalks. I could see something white in the back neighbors yard so I got out my binoculars. The white objects were cloth-covered tables with food.
But more interesting was the squirrel I happened to see, climbing up the apple tree. I lost him in the branches, but I think he knocked an apple down and then went after it. I ate a sweet potato and listened to another audio. I got an e-mail Chris that he had arrived and I e-mailed him back. I brought in the mail. I sat quietly for awhile listening and thinking that I could go to bed. But it was too early. So when the audio ended, I went outside to add chicken/horse manure to the squash bed. I could hear party sounds from the house behind us. Then I went downstairs to watch The Decoy Bride (from Netflix). It had David Tennant in it, but I don't think that is why I rented it. In fact, I do not remember renting it and suspect Netflix throws random stuff into my queue to see if I am paying attention. When I came up, I turned off the AC and opened the windows for fresh air. It was 10, which was late enough to go to bed. So I posted to my blog and … zzz. 
*  This blur is the taxi that took Chris to the airport  at 4:15 in the morning.  *

No comments: