Friday, July 11, 2014

Packing the bare essentials

Both of our phone alarms went off at the same time. It was almost amusing. I did not feel like getting up. But we were up and in the den by 8:30. Chris had to finalize his stack of stuff to be picked up by the packers who were supposed to arrive between 9 and 10. Ha, ha. I found a vacuum in the garage for him to take. But the hose was missing. It has probably been missing since we moved here but since I never used it.... I gave him an iron and ironing board. He got a few things from the kitchen. When the truck arrived, I was listening to an audio and drinking my green juice. Chris showed them the pile and they packed it in boxes which went into the truck. The audio had two interesting ideas: One that men evolved to be quiet because they were hiding, hoping to catch animals for supper. The other that women evolved to be talkative because that kept animals away. If a woman was silent, the others would try to find out what was wrong, to get her talking again. Chris picked out a large suitcase to pack for his trip. Inside was a load of my summer clothes! It's like having a whole new wardrobe. Then he started a load of laundry and some onion soup. He went to post to return the BBT DVD's. I selected a needle pack and some thread for him to take along. He brought me a pair of pants that needed mending. Like daughter, like father. After breakfast I read e-mail, as did he. We went to Target to get a laptop cooling pad and we picked up two movies. He showed me how to go to the Delta site and do online check-in. I printed out the info I needed to do my check-in two weeks from now. We talked about all the reasons why his going to Honduras is the best thing to do. I sewed a patch underneath one side of the rip on the stuffed horse puppet that Jennifer gave me. I wanted to do it by machine, but there was no way to get it under the presser foot. I saved the rest of the project for Sunday afternoon. Then I mowed part of the front lawn. I had a bowl of onion soup and listened to some audios. His parents called to wish him well. Then we went downstairs to watch Ice Age, one of the movies we bought. We paused it when Marie called to wish him well. After the movie, Chris continued packing. He handed me two Kwajeleine shirts that he bought for Michele and me while he was there. He finished packing. I did some tapping. I guess we'll go to bed soon.

No comments: